Age really is just a number. More and more research indicates that your diet, exercise habits, and lifestyle choices all play a bigger role in how old – or young – you feel than the number of candles on your birthday cake. Even better news… It’s NEVER too late to start making healthy changes that can strengthen your mind and body, adding years to your life, and helping you to achieve weight loss after 40.
No matter which decade you’re in, with the right know-how, you can make it your best year yet! Remember, “Life really does begin at forty. Up until then, you’re just doing research.” – Carl Jung
These five practical tips can help boost your health, fight fat after 40, and make you fit for life:
- Fuel your Body for the Day – at Breakfast – and Give your day a Jump-Start with a Healthy, Nutritious Breakfast
- To Look Young and Feel Young – stay Hydrated – and Flush your System by Staying Hydrated all day long
- Get the Rest your Body Craves – Make Sleep a Priority – Every Night
- Pay attention to Everything – Use a Food Journal to Keep Track of What You Eat
- Get a Thorough Check-up – Have your Thyroid Tested & Make sure your Liver is in Tip Top Shape
a. Have your Thyroid Tested
b. Have your Liver Tested
I know these tips might seem obvious, or even simplistic, but if you are feeling sluggish, can’t seem to get into gear, or just don’t know what to do to get back on track – then maybe focusing on one or more of these tips could be precisely what you need to make your life all that you know it can be.
Ageing is a completely natural process. Don’t take it personally. It happens to all of us. In fact, the older you are, the greater the opportunity you have to discover wisdom and happiness. These are good things.
In future posts, we’ll examine each of these 5 simple tips more fully but, for now, simply being mindful of them will help you get a jump on taking better care of your body – and should help you reach your goal of weight loss after 40.