Ann Baker Easley
Christy Sanger is a master healer. When I eventually found my way to Christy’s practice, a fortunate referral from a colleague of mine, I had been suffering from severe back pain for nearly three months as a result of a herniated lumbar disc. The pain ran down my leg and through my foot constantly, with severe tingling and numbness. At all costs I wanted to avoid surgery. Prior to seeing Christy, I had undertaken a variety of treatments including two unsuccessful epidural steroid injections and was convinced I would become completely dependent on pain medication, unable to regain my active lifestyle. The afternoon of my first appointment I arrived grimacing in pain and limping significantly despite the use of a cane. She calmly assured me that I would not need the cane when I left that day and strongly suggested I not use it again. Her confidence was a bit unsettling yet there was something in her calm demeanor and almost imperceptible therapeutic touch that suggested this was going to be different and better. An hour later, I left her office for the first time in months walking upright and without my cane! I knew then that I had found my healer. But the hard work was still to come and together over the next many months we became a team. Initially, I saw Christy weekly. Each time, the treatment was effective in alleviating more of the pain and enabling the damaged nerves in my back and leg to begin to heal. Gradually, as I grew stronger, she taught me exercises using weights and the Pilate reformer. We discussed the affect diet has on inflammation and digestion – both stress factors contributing to weakening of the spine. I changed my eating routines. This was a healing process that was definitely changing me from the inside out, using the strength of my own body to recover, guided by her incredible healing touch. It’s been four years since that first day when I walked into her office with my cane. Today I am active, strong and pain free and living life differently, so very grateful for what I have learned from truly a healing master.
I’ve benefited from Christy’s therapy for over 10 years. I would see her whenever I had an injury or a physical problem that created pain. There has not been one time that I’ve had an issue that she has not been able to diagnose, treat and eliminate the problem.
I first met Christy when she worked as a therapist for a back surgeon. I had a swollen disk creating nerve and movement pain. Within a few weeks, the problem was taken care of and has not occurred since. Other issues she has successfully taken care of for me include:
- I dislocated my sacroiliac joint while golfing. One visit and it was put in place without pain.
- Extremely painful nerve issue developed down my neck and upper back. She was able to locate the area creating the problem, and within 3 visits it was taken care of. She gave me exercises to continue to prevent any future problems.
- Tendinitis in my elbow was taken care of in 4 visits. I developed the problem golfing and the pain got to a point I thought I would have to discontinue playing. I wore a strap to help prevent pain and further damage, but her therapy technique took care of the problem.
- I developed stenosis and had a mini-invasive procedure to relieve the nerve pain from the bone. Christy assisted in the speedy recovery from surgery.
- I now arrange a weekly therapy and Pilates session with Christy to keep in shape and allow for continued physical well-being.
In addition, she has a broad knowledge of nutrition and overall physical health. She is extremely pleasant to work with and a personality that makes the session a pleasure to attend.